Because they are designed for the wrong audience. You!
In a typical meeting with a web designer, the discussion is usually about the look and feel of the website you like. Nothing much about the customers you’re serving. It’s all about how good the website should look, nothing much about how easy it is to nagivate.
Question like, “How do you intend to make money with your website?”, or “What do you want your visitors to do when they’re on your site?” is never asked.
How do you intend to make money with your website?
The above is a million-dollar question never asked.
Has your web designer or web design agency ever asked (or answered) this all-important question above?
Our guess is that 99.99% of the time, the answer is no! We are that 0.01%.
Let’s face it. Most designers are well, designers – they are good at what they do, design. Their focus is mainly on what colours, fonts and pictures to use on your webiste.
It’s not their fault anyway. After all, they went to design school, not business school. So their focus will mostly be on what’s the newest & coolest thing… instead of what’s going to get you the highest ROI on your website.
Why don't websites produce the desired results?
Because they’re usually built like this:
- You describe the kind of website you want, and
- The web designer or web design agency produces by either creating a “vision” of what you want or follow the latest design trends.
Did the discussion ever involve the following questions?
- There are are least 3 groups of visitors coming to your site, which one do you want to design for?
- What do you want your visitors to do when they’re on your site?
- What do you want to be perceived as?
- What is so special about you or your business?
- Who are your competitors?
- What’s the persona or demographic of your customers?
- What do you want to achieve with your website?
No. Why? Because designing a you-centric website, a website that makes you happy is what they’ve been taught, or know.
A website that pleases your customers instead of you is something most of them haven’t thought of, or don’t even know existed.
So, What's Next?
If you need to work with a web design agency that is able to design a website that gives you results, do not hesitate to contact us.
Alternatively, you can take a look at our design philosophy or our portfolio and see whether we’re a good match for you or not,